Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Incredible Woman #45 - Marie Ricks. Trials and Favorites...

KARA: "Everyone goes through trials in their life. What trials have you gone through, and what have you learned from those trials?"

MARIE: "Oh, the trials in my life are continuous as is the learning process. It is the same for us all. Don't be fooled into thinking that once this trial is done, life will be good again. The trials don't end, they just change shape. It is learning to treasure life's smallest beauties in the midst of the pain that has helped me sing a song in my heart. The newly budding rose, the endearing smile of a friend, the laughter of a joke well told, and the sense of a belonging that a hug brings are all precious to me."


KARA: "Tell us your top 10 favorite things."


MARIE: "I like yellow roses, sentimental movies, hot brownies, frozen cookie dough, hugging a newborn child, seeing my sons taller than me, watching my spouse grow wise, cutting interesting fabric for a quilt, drying a new type of foliage, and making ambigrams (a type of reversal line art, my newest passion, a sample of which I have included: ricks to ricks when you flip the picture upside down).


Tomorrow we'll ask Marie about public speaking and what inspires her. Please join us again then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women