Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Incredible Woman #33 - Wendy Knight. Wednesday's Questions...

KARA: "You have a blended family. Was bringing your kids and your husband’s kids together a hard thing to do? What have you done to make this work?"

WENDY: "We are lucky, our children were very young when we met. All but the two oldest don’t remember life any other way. We have always raised all the kids together as ‘ours.’ In our house it doesn’t matter who gave birth to you or who is your ‘real’ dad - you are part of our family and you get to contribute and abide by our family rules. We treat everyone the same whether in discipline or privileges. We have tried to teach them how extremely lucky they are to enjoy the blessing of having two dads and two moms. We are grateful for the other parents in their lives. The younger boys are kinda like the glue that holds us all together, they give us all a common piece of the puzzle. I think sometimes they feel a little jipped that they don’t have another dad or mom.

Each of our children are a blessing in our lives. Although they each didn’t come to us the exact same way, we appreciate that they came."


KARA: "What kinds of trials have you been through? How have you been able to make it through those trials? What has helped you?"

WENDY: "Trials have always seemed to be a part of my life. I often joke that when I was filling out my life ballot I was overzealous with the box checking. Although I wouldn’t want to go through any of the extremely hard times again, I believe our trials make us who we are today. I would hope that I have learned much about myself, others and my Heavenly Father's plan for me. Many trials are sprinkled throughout my life story - a divorce, raising two girls as a single mother, military deployments, financial difficulties, and life flight helicopter rides. Loss of a child and nearly loss of my life, loss of a business, home and friends, health concerns and much disappointment and hurt. Yet, I cannot number all the amazing and wonderful blessings I have received throughout my life, some of the greatest coming right in the mist of these things. I know that when I am going through hard times that I am not alone. I have a loving Heavenly Father and an older brother that walks beside me and when I can go on no longer he carries me."

Please join us again tomorrow, when Wendy will talk about her heroes, and what her favorite season is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women