Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Incredible Woman #33 - Wendy Knight. Tuesday's Questions...

KARA: "You and your husband are both business owners. Describe your businesses. What is it like to own your own business? Talk about the challenges and blessings."

WENDY: "My husband is the owner of Rage Fitness. Rage stands for Real Athletes Generate Energy. The gym has been a passion of my husband's ever since he was a kid. He puts his heart and soul into his work, anyone who walks through his doors is family to him. He takes their well being very seriously and truly wants each and every person to be successful and reach their goals. Rage isn't just a place to workout, it is a support system. He teaches boot camps, fitness classes, instructs boxing and does personal training.

I own Vintage Bliss, a nail salon and gift gallery. I have done nails for a little over twelve years. I have also taught nail school in the past. I enjoy the opportunities that owning your own business provides. I have the ability to have a flexible schedule. I can arrange my hours, so I can still attend my kids events and activities. I can use my creativity to make things for my shop and enjoy decorating for each holiday. I enjoy getting to know each of my clients personally. I get paid to sit across from my friends and visit- how great is that! Along with the perks of owning a business also come some challenges. The hours can be long and physically demanding. You can't just leave work, it often comes home with you. Vacation, sick days, paid leave - what is that??? If we don't work we don't make money. Through it all, we just keep praying that the old saying "You get out of it what you put in to it" is true."

KARA: "What are your top 5 favorite things?"

WENDY: "My Family, Vacations, Chocolate, Shoes, and a Clean House!"

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I think owning and running a business is such a great thing. I really admire people that can turn their dreams into a reality.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women