Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Incredible Woman #31 - Ginger Johnson. Tuesday's Questions...

KARA: "Tell us about your fight with breast cancer. What have you learned from this experience?"

GINGER: "Breast cancer taught me a lot about myself. It provided an incredible opportunity for growth. And although I never want to experience it again, I am truly grateful for the lessons I learned and for the doors it has opened for me. Had I never gone through cancer, I would not be the same person I am now and I would not know all the incredible women who have come to mean so much to me."


KARA: "What is the “Young Survivor Sisters”? What is your role with this organization? What other Cancer organizations are you a part of?"

GINGER: "Young Survivor Sisters is a free, non-denominational breast cancer support group for women diagnosed in their 20's, 30's and 40's. Our motto: Young Survivor Sisters - Where support is guaranteed and Boobs are optional! What's so great about our group is that it is not structured as a business or entity of any kind. We are a simply a network of women who want to be there for each other and who want to provide strength and understanding for those who are diagnosed at such a young age. I had the great privilege of being the President of this group for about a year and was able to create a foundation for the incredible growth we are now experiencing. We are almost 100 members strong and about 60+ women have joined since this past year. I know there are several other young breast cancer survivors who don't know about our group - so if you are reading this blog post and know of someone who could use our support, please refer them to http://youngsurvivorsisters.blogspot.com.

Tomorrow, we'll continue our interview with Ginger. Please come back!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Yay Ginger! You are definitely an incredible woman - friend, cousin, sister, mother, wife, daughter, etc. I am so proud of the example you set and love seeing the opportunities you've been given to share the many gifts you have. So glad you have a week to answer questions...there is a lot to share!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women