Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Incredible Woman #26 - Sara Biasutti. Wednesday's Questions.

KARA: "Tell us about being a Veterinary Technician and about your love for animals."

SARA: "I have an Associates degree in Veterinary Technology. I love animals! They are completely innocent and would never purposely cause you pain. There is nothing vindictive about them. I have witnessed terrible abuse and neglect from ignorant humans when it comes to animals. They were not meant to be thrown out in the backyard to live a solitary existence. They were never intended to live their lives on a chain. I spend my professional life trying to heal the wounds left on the bodies and souls of beautiful animals who have been tortured and mentally abused by those who promise to take care of them."

KARA: "What lessons have you learned from the trials you've gone through? What things helped you deal with those trials?"

SARA: "Without a doubt I have had a lot of trials in my life. Some have been completely out of my control, others I have created on my own. I have never been tried like I was when my daughter was in the NICU for nearly 5 months. The only thing that got me through it was the love of my family and friends. Truly, I was like a walking zombie. Every day was completely out of my control and all I could do was roll with the punches. It was a time when Stefano and I should have come together, but I am embarrassed to say that was not necessarily the case. We hurt each other a lot during that time. We had different views when it came to the medical care of our baby. Many things we could not agree upon. Now looking back, there are most definitely things I would have changed. I know now that we both wanted what was best for our baby. Each day created new struggles and the months were like endless torture. I learned that I am very strong, but that sometimes I need help. I used to think I was invincible and that nothing could ever break me, now I am more likely to ask for help. I also learned that it is okay to lock myself in my room and cry my eyes out if I need to. The greatest lesson I learned was what it means to love your child. I never could have prepared myself for how much I would love, Stella. She was worth everything, but I would never do it again for any other baby! I don't think I would survive it. Keeping my family together and being happy is my main priority now."

I'm really enjoying this interview with Sara. I hope you are as well. Please join us tomorrow and Friday for the final 4 questions/answers. Look for a slideshow of Sara and her family, which will be posted today. You are going to fall in love with her sweet little Stella. (And probably her gorgeous husband, too!) :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women