Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Incredible Woman #26 - Sara Biasutti. Tuesday's Questions.

KARA: "Who is your hero? Why?"

SARA: "Easy!!! My hero is my daughter, Stella. Medically speaking, Stella never should have survived. All the odds were against her, but she won. The odds were against her before she was ever even conceived. Nearly 3 months premature, she made it. For months we watched her grow ounce by ounce praying she would make it to 5 pounds before heart surgery, she did it. Another set back, Stella has developed NEC and will lose half her Colon, no big thing. Open heart surgery, piece of cake. She has scars all over her body that tell the story of her fight. When I look at them I see the scars of a warrior, a hero."


KARA: "What kind of relationship do you have with your parents? What important lessons have they taught you that help in your marriage and as a mother?"

SARA: "I have an awesome relationship with my parents. They have accepted me completely for who I am. They don't try to mold me or make me what they think I should be. They gave up on that a long time ago. I am exactly like my dad. I don't put up with nonsense, neither does he. We used to butt heads like crazy while I was growing up! He would say "Why are you so stubborn?" I'd tell him it was because I was just like him. It took awhile, but once I flew the coop and had a life of my own we managed to have respect for each others toughness, I think.
My mom, what can I say. I adore that woman. She is funny, silly, and freakin' stubborn when she wants to be. She's pretty easy going, but when she truly believes in something, she believes in it with her whole heart. There is no changing her mind. Though we disagree on many, maybe even most things, I have no doubt that she will always be there. When I am scared to death all I need is for her to say "it's okay", and then it is. She has taught me to stand up for what I believe in and that as a woman I can have it all. I can have a career, a family, a social life. I can do anything I want. She also tries to help me be more patient. I am not known for my patience!!! When I leave the house she tells me to put on my coat, drive safely, wear my seat belt. She's taught me once a mother, always a mother, even when your baby is 31 years old."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women