Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Incredible Woman #20 - April Durham. Wednesday's Questions

KARA: "Do you have a hero? Who is it, and what makes that person a hero?"

APRIL: "Whose hero isn't their Mom? LOL! She has Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inoperable brain tumor, and many other ailments I don't even know the name of. But she still manages to stay positive, stay fit, stay beautiful...and has taught me all the good things I know in my life, especially how to keep a positive attitude during tough times."

KARA: "Wow. Sounds like she is a great candidate for a feature on Incredible Women! (Hint-hint)"


KARA: "Have you had any big trials in your life? If so, how did you handle those trials?"

APRIL: "Just recently, in October 2009, my husband had 2 heart attacks. We both have battled our weight, and last year both had the Lap-Band surgery. So after he had lost 170lbs, (and I lost 50) we wondered why he would all of a sudden have TWO heart attacks at the tender age of 28 years old. With low cholesterol, and good blood pressure, the Dr.'s were baffled as to why this happened. But Bradley made a full recovery and is now working on getting in tip-top shape. But we DO joke that he could put his daily pills in a cereal bowl with milk and have it for breakfast! In all seriousness, we have never been better than we are now, and I truly believe it is a result of having such a huge wake-up call at such a young age."

Great answer, April. I think we all need to have a wake up call every once in a while, where our health is concerned. Sometimes it seems easier to focus on other people than ourselves. But, I know from experience, that taking care of ourselves is important. Tomorrow, we'll continue the interview with April - we'll find out what inspires her, and what her goals are for the new year.

Just a quick note - We have 111 followers on the blog now (thanks for following). If each one of you nominated one woman to be featured on this blog, we'd have over 2 years filled up! Seriously though, I really appreciate nominations. I want this to be a place where we can celebrate all the incredible women there are - and obviously, I don't know all of them! So, if you think of an Incredible Woman that you know, please email me at kara(dot)incrediblewomen(at)gmail(dot)com with you nomination. Tell me a little bit about the woman you want to nominate, and then give me a way (preferably email) to get in touch with her. I'm trying to fill up the next 3 months right now. THANKS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women