Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Incredible Woman #14 - Natalie Grant - Wednesday's questions

KARA: "I know friends have played a big part in your life - how important is friendship? What do you do to be a good friend?"

NATALIE: "The importance of friendship is hard to define. I have been fortunate to have friends that are still with me from all the way back to grade school. As friends, we experience much of the same things in life. I have had friends lose parents with me, go through divorce with me, the illness of a spouse, motherhood. I even have friends who share the loss of a child with me. Friends have been there for me through some of the best and some of the worst times of my life. I love you all, and you know who you are - As far as me being a good friend, all I can do is try to be as good of a friend as my friends have been to me. I think it is an ongoing process and I work at it everyday. I can't imagine how sad my life would be without the friends that have touched my life. Thank you!"

KARA: "You are the mom of an LDS missionary - what kind of impact has this had on your life?"

NATALIE: "YES I AM!!! Stefan is currently serving a mission. It has been wonderful for our family to have him out of the house... just kidding!!! We tease him, because he causes us all so much grief. Stefan's decision to go on a mission was a huge turning point for our family. I also believe that this is the best decision Stefan has made for himself so far in his life. I am happy for him, he is moving forward in his life, he is serving people and living a life of selflessness - being dedicated to service for 2 years. I must admit I am a little jealous, what an incredible opportunity to forget about yourself and focus on the happiness of others. This has impacted my life in ways I am still discovering. I feel very close to him, Chase and I can even admit that we miss him...hee,hee (sorry, I can't help it). It was hard to think of him going away, after losing Paige, I just wanted to keep my family all together close at hand. I was so worried I would lose him too. I have been blessed with peace of mind, I know he is safe and I can't think of a better place for him to be at this time in his life. We do love you Stefan and we miss you, even if none of us cried when you left. Hee,hee!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women