Sunday, October 18, 2009

PINK WEEK - Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Ok, so I promised I'd tell you all what is going to be happening on this blog this week... we are going PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Some of you might be aware that I am a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with non-invasive DCIS and invasive cancer one year ago - August 2008. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and 5 months of chemo, then reconstructive surgery. It's been a long year, buT I'm still here - alive! And that's the important thing. So, in honor of all of the women who have walked that long road that I've walked (and crawled at times)... I'm going to feature several breast cancer survivors. I'm also going to be featuring several of the nurses from the chemo unit at the Huntsman - the people who have helped me and taken such good care of me! Each day I'll feature a few different people. I asked the nurses one set of questions, and the cancer survivors a different set of questions. I'm really excited that so many have responded. I did a post a few weeks ago on my breast cancer blog - 10 things that will help you when it comes to breast cancer. I'm going to post that on Saturday. Also, on the 15th of every month, I do a reminder post on my cancer blog about self exams. You can also click on a button on the sidebar of that blog and help women get mammograms for free. Here is the address, if you haven't had a chance to visit yet...
www.foobbabe.blogspot.com

If you know anyone who is a breast cancer survivor, and would like to see them featured here this week, get me their email addresses ASAP!

I hope you're looking forward to this coming week as much as I am!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women