Friday, August 14, 2009

Incredible Woman #1 - Janie Squire. Friday's questions

Kara: "Do you think you've been successful as a mom? You have a beautiful daughter - what advice would you give her about life?"
Janie: "I feel like I have been a successful mom. I feel that I have helped raise my kids in a manner that has allowed them to feel how profound my love is for them, and that they can accomplish what they set their hearts and minds to. One of the most important things I wanted for my children to know and understand is this: that they are children of a Heavenly Father who loves them; that they are here to learn, experience life, help others, and that their ultimate goal should be to live their lives in a way that allows them to return to Heavenly Father some day.

Some of the advice I have given to Cydnee about life is this: She should respect others and herself. That she should expect young men to treat her with kindness and respect. She deserves to be treated with that, and she should not settle for less. Life is not a smooth ride. We will have yield signs, potholes, and curves along the way, but we will never have a "dead end" sign. There is no such thing. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what construction detours we have to face. Enjoy the ride!"

Kara: What do you think is the single most important thing your can accomplish in this life?"
Janie: "If I can accomplish success in showing others that we can persevere in whatever storms we have to go through, then I could leave this life knowing that I have helped someone else gain some of the courage they needed to weather their storms."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women