Thursday, April 29, 2010

Incredible Woman #36 - Stacy Johnson. Thursday's Question.

KARA: "Since you're not married, what are you looking for in a husband, what is important to you in a mate?"

Stacy: "Most important, someone who shares my love of the Lord and the gospel. We need to have the same standards and goals. Somebody who really values family and will put family first. I think its important for him to want to be a dad. I want him to have a good work ethic. I do not expect him to be perfect or even close to perfect, in fact, I don't expect him to be any better than me. If I expect him to do or become something, then I should expect the same of myself."


KARA: "How has faith helped you in your life?"

STACY: "Faith for me is not anything unless it is centered on the Lord Jesus Christ. I recognize Him as my Savior and Redeemer and I would be nowhere with out Him and His Atonement. In the darkest times of my life I have always been able to turn to Him and He has always comforted me with His peace. His words "Be still and know that I am God" have become a motto in my life. He has walked side by side with me through every trial and victory in my life. I have come to trust Him and therefore when trials come I am able to move forward in faith rather than fear. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths" ( Proverbs 3:5-6)"


KARA: "What or who inspires you and why?"

STACY: "My dad and my step mom inspire me because of the trials that they have gone through. They have gone through so much and are still standing. They are fantastic. I am also inspired by a Sunday School teacher I had once. Her name is Phyllis Mangum. She was such a beautiful lady inside and out. She never married but she remained so close to the Lord and was a great instrument in His hands. She was a huge example of Charity. My Grandpa Johnson is one of my favorite people. He is so loving and can make you feel so good about yourself. He makes you feel important and loved. He has been through a lot and is an extremely hard worker. When I think of him I think of mercy and genuine kindness."

Tomorrow will be our last day of interview questions with Stacy. I hope you'll stop by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women