Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Incredible Woman #36 - Stacy Johnson. Tuesday's Questions

KARA: "Tell us about your hobbies/things you like to do."

STACY: "I enjoy being outdoors and going hiking, rock climbing, camping, ect. I actually have a fear of heights but I love the feeling of conquering that fear! There is nothing better than being terrified to do something and then doing it anyway. I also enjoy playing sports, mainly tennis and football. I really like to create things, whether it be with sewing or scrapbooking. I like to learn new things and I am teaching myself to play the piano right now. Its not very easy and its not going as well as I hoped but its fun and challenging. I really enjoy spending time with family (just playing games or sitting around talking). I have begun reading more and found I really enjoy this as well. I love to dance and often do when no one is looking."

KARA: "Tell us why you chose to study nursing, and what you want to do with your career."

STACY: "Since I was young I always enjoyed learning about the body and I would look at all the pictures in my dad's nursing textbooks. I decided to take the certified nursing assistant class my senior year in high school (thanks to the encouragement of my stepmom)and realized I loved working with people and I loved the feeling of helping them. I knew I couldn't always take their pain away but I could make them smile and perhaps momentarily forget. Therefore I decided to become a nurse. When I get my Registered nursing degree I hope to work in the ER for a little bit because I like the excitement. I don't plan to do that for too long because I would also like to work at the Huntsman Cancer institute. I would also like to work with children and the elderly. I have worked with both and enjoy both ends of the spectrum."

Come back tomorrow for more of Stacy's interview.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women