Friday, April 23, 2010

Incredible Woman #35 - Barbara Solt. Friday's Questions

KARA: "What are you passionate about? Do you have a favorite quote, or book, or song – something like that, that helps fuel your passion?"

BARBARA: "Life is short, enjoy the journey! I’m really passionate about family. They are my greatest strength, they love you no matter what! My favorite book is Charlie’s Monument, I read it the first time when I was 12. It made a huge impact on my life. For the first time, I really believed that I had a purpose on this earth and the Lord had a plan for me. And my favorite poem is one Blaine Yorgason shares in the front of the book. The Monument. My favorite song is a hymn: “Brightly Beams our Father’s Mercy”. I absolutely love hearing my boys sing this hymn. It brings me such peace and joy."


KARA: "What are your beauty secrets? What do you do to take care of yourself? What makes you happy?"

BARBARA: "Hmmm... my biggest beauty secret….laughter! I think I would rather grow old with laugh lines around my mouth and eyes than those sad lines you see around some peoples faces. I remember as a kid my mom saying to me “keep frowning like that, and your face will freeze that way” I thought she had no idea what she was talking about, but now, looking at some older people, I can see she was so right! So, I surround myself with people who make me laugh!"

Thanks goes to Barbara for letting me interview her this week. I've loved getting to know her. I've learned quite a bit from her answers. This interview will be up in it's entirety through Sunday afternoon. At that point, the blog will again be under construction while I get ready to bring you another Incredible Woman! Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women