Friday, October 16, 2009

Incredible Woman #10 - Paige Moore. Friday's Questions.

KARA: "What is the most important thing you’d like to accomplish in your life?"

PAIGE: "The most important thing I would like to accomplish is to truly possess the gift of charity. This is something that I don’t imagine I will fully possess in this life, but I am trying. I fall tremendously short, and it is a constant battle. The Savior has said that without charity, we are nothing. This is the greatest love of all…”the pure love of Christ.” I think that charity is not only a “feeling of love.” It is a choice to love, an action word. As we put this love into action and serve others, over time our hearts will change and we will be start to feel love towards others. Even for those who are not easy to love. I love what Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in the LDS General Conference session this October: 'Try, and keep on trying, until that which seems difficult becomes possible. And that which seems only possible becomes habit, and a real part of you.'"

KARA: "Tell us your beauty secrets! Also, what is your guilty pleasure – if you had one day to do anything, what would you do?"

PAIGE: "Water, water, and more water! I drink a lot of water. My goal is at least 8-8 ounce glasses a day. I feel it helps flush the impurities from our bodies.

I have been religious about washing and moisturizing my face since I was a teenager. I do not sleep in make up……ever. My favorite product is Arbonne. I love Arbonne! Whatever you use, it is so important to moisturize. Also be sure to wear sunscreen everyday!

I take daily vitamins and supplements. Calcium is very important for all women! Fish oil is another supplement I take every day.

At the risk of repeating myself, I feel so much better when I exercise. I know it is good for my body and health, but it is even better for my emotional well-being. It just makes me feel better to know I exercised that day. I used have a more rigorous exercise routine and worked out longer, but since bringing the girls home I have had to curtail my routine a bit. Now I rotate days between fast walking and free weights. I feel that cardio is important, as well as free weights. When we use weights, our bodies burn more calories when we are not exercising.

I also believe in dental hygiene and am almost OCD about brushing my teeth and flossing. There has been found to be a link between poor oral hygiene and heart disease, so it is not all about looks.

It is important to love myself because if I do not, then it will affect everything about me, even the way I feel about others. When our moms used to say “If you can’t love yourself, you can’t love others” they knew what they were talking about. This love will portray confidence and an inner beauty. Beauty on the inside shines through! If we do not love ourselves, then it will be easier to try to find fault in others to make ourselves feel better. This is not portraying beauty. When we love ourselves, we will be able to love others.

Positive thinking! I can’t always say I do this, but when I see myself letting those “negative” thoughts creep in, I stop and count my blessings and that usually gives me an attitude adjustment.

My guilty pleasure is chocolate. I try to limit how often I eat it though because I have been known to get carried away!"

Wow, what a wonderful interview. I'm so lucky to be able to interview women like Paige. She is my sister's friend - someone she met through the adoption process. I feel like a really know her now. Thanks, Paige!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy, I love you so much!

Love, Brianna

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women