Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Incredible Woman #6 - Carol Rice. Wednesday's questions

KARA: "You’ve got a lot of siblings. Now that you are all older, how do you find time to spend with your siblings? Are you a close family?"

CAROL: "I'm crazy about my dad - he is truly one of my heroes and I miss my mom terribly. Yes, I would say we are close. My sisters and I recognize that life is fragile and you can lose those you love without warning. We don't take our relationships for granted and are a good support for each other and our families. We are all super busy with work, family and community so even when we can't all get together there is usually something in the works; a dinner, a movie, a waffle night, a birthday get-together. At least once a year, we all run away to St. George (or someplace else fun, like Disneyland) and no one is allowed to intrude. It is just us girls, and we spend time doing exactly what we want."

KARA: "You’ve gone through several trials. Can you tell us about some of those, and how you were able to deal with those trials? What helps you get through trials?"

CAROL: "Losing someone is so hard... and sadly we can lose those we love to more than the grave. I know because I have. We live in a time when depression, addiction, mental or physical illness, pride, etc. can take those we love from us. Faith, family, and friends, in that order, is what gets me through."

A few more of Carol's favorites:
Book: Animal Farm by George Orwell
Song: You Get What You Give by the New Radicals
Quote: I watch closely for anything that sounds like this in my elected officials:
"Do not imagine, comrades, that leadership is a pleasure. On the contrary, it is a deep and heavy responsibility. No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Tomorrow we'll talk to Carol about marriage and public speaking. Don't miss it!
And don't forget to leave a comment and sign up for our blog - you'll be in the drawing for some cool Cherish Bound story products!

1 comments:

Micki said...

What a talented lady! I loved your interview!
Micki

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women