Friday, October 15, 2010

Incredible Woman #52 - Lynn Woodard. "I am a..."

KARA: "What advice would you give to friends and family of a newly diagnosed breast cancer patient?"

LYNN: "A survivor will have many what I call...Bigger than me days! I personally started writing my motivational blog a month before I was diagnosed with Cancer for the 2nd time, here is what I wrote about my Bigger Than Me Days!

"When I was diagnosed with Cancer almost 7 years ago, one important thing that I learned was that there would be days that are bigger than me, or I should say bigger than my ability to handle them. I learned to just realize that they are going to be there and not to stress too much about them. I also noted, that if there were a lot of those days, then I needed to worry about that and take action. I don't have a lot of them, but I have seemed to struggle more than normal this past week and so I didn't write in my blog. Then a dear friend said to me, "But you should write about those days because we all have them and it is good to know that you aren't the only one."

So friends and family: just listen, just be there... you just need to support them in all the decisions they make. Don't try to tell them what to do or not do, it is their body and their battle. They will know what to do. Let them feel and hurt, but just be there for them when they need you. NO one wants to go through Recnac ( cancer ) alone!"


KARA: "Finish this sentence… “I am a..."

LYNN: "I am a daughter of God, a wife, mother, Nana (grandmother), sister, friend. I am blessed!"

Lynn asked me to share this cute picture of her little sweetie pie grandkids:

That picture says it all - it's all the reason in the world to fight Cancer!

Thanks to Lynn this week, for sharing this difficult journey with us. It's women like Lynn who got me through my cancer journey. She has given so much great advice this week - advice that anyone can use, whether they are a cancer patient, or not. Thanks so much! I hope all of you enjoyed going PINK this week! Have a great weekend. (Fall break... here I come!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women