Monday, May 3, 2010

Incredible Woman #37 - Tina Richey. Monday's Question.

This week you'll be able to read the interview I had with Tina Richey. She is a single mom, a massage therapist with her own business, and a kind, wonderful, person. Here are the first two questions...


KARA: "Describe yourself - why are you an Incredible Woman?"


TINA: "I am 45 years old, single and not “looking”. Honestly, at this time in my life I feel the most UN-incredible. I have gone through a lot of trials and losses this past couple of years and for me it’s been hard. I guess what does make me “incredible” is the fact that I’ve been blessed with 4 grown children. 3 boys, 1 girl, and from my girl, the most beautiful grand daughter who is 2 1/2. I have wonderful friends and family and this alone makes me feel incredible, and blessed. I try to see the positive in most situations although I do have my moments if you know what I mean, and try to pull myself out of it."

KARA: "Describe your family. Tell us what you’ve learned from each one of them."


TINA: "Like I said above... I have 4 grown children.

First born is - Kenny, who will be 27 next month.

He is my free spirit, traveling fool of a son. He is Vegan and very health conscience. He works for a company that has many homes for troubled teens. He has compassion and empathy for people but especially younger kids. He has traveled all over. He lived on the beach in Alaska for a few months and after that traveled to China and India. Of course I was a nervous wreck the whole time, thinking he was going to get eaten by bears and diseased in different countries. He did get nibbled at by a wolf while inside his sleeping bag in the middle of the night when he was in British Columbia, which didn’t help me much since this was at the beginning of his travels that year. He loves to travel and meet new people. He meets people on Greyhound and then keeps in contact with them and even visits wherever they live. He’s amazing that way. Kenny is very talented with his self taught piano and guitar, which he combines with his beautiful voice. While in China the locals had him singing in their clubs and treated him like an American Star. He has been a wonderful son and I’m proud he is my first. I love him so much.

My second child is Nicki who will be 26 in Sept.

She has to be one of the hardest workers I know. She is the mother of my only grand daughter, Heaven. She carried a lot of responsibility of raising her herself until this past 6 months. I’m happy to say that Heaven’s father, Clay is back in their lives and all is going well. Nicki has 3 jobs. She works for a Senior Assisted Living (Hotel Style), running the Bistro. While still in California I loved to go eat there and watch her with the elderly people. She makes their day with her positive attitude, calling them, darling, handsome, and beautiful with hugs and hand holds. She’s had a few elderly gentlemen say they’d marry her if they were 50 years younger. She shares her daughter with them which brings them much joy. She works also 8-10 hrs weekly for a Chiropractor in and then last job, cutting hair on the side. I don’t know how she does it all, on top of motherhood. I’m so proud of her and love her dearly.

My third child is Eric who is 22.

What can I say about Eric. He was born into our family with some “special needs”, but most of the time you wouldn’t know it. He has come such a long way in his progression. He is very loving, ask his siblings, they would say maybe too much and to the smothering stage. He is a hard worker. He has a harder time finding jobs because of his needs but when he finds them, he works hard. At one time he had 3 jobs, and all without driving. He scheduled his own transportation with either taxis or buses and mostly riding his bike. He got to all of his jobs on time, unless of course it was on the days he got hit on his bike - “twice” by cars. I think his mother likes the taxi and bus alternative better. Eric loves movies, and dressing up. He loves wearing suits to church and loves dressing up for Halloween etc. Eric started at the age of 4 almost daily singing “You are so beautiful to me”. He sang it to me till he graduated High School (not so much daily), but often. He now calls and sings it to me and texts me the whole written song. Me moving away seems to be the hardest for him. Even though he lives with his dad now, he got used to me being close. Now I’m 900 miles away. Only a week after my move he planned a trip to see me. He gets here May 3rd for a week for Mother’s Day. I can’t wait to spend time with him. I’m happy Heavenly Father sent him to our family. He has taught me patience, tolerance, and deeper love. He will be serving a Service Mission for the LDS church starting this summer. I’m so proud of him and happy he still thinks his mom is beautiful.

My last son is Brad who is 20.

He is an avid golfer and plays for the college team. He is very talented in most sports. He is my tallest kid at 6 ft. and loves his girlfriend Michelle like crazy. They’ve been together 1 1/2 years. Brad is handsome…and knows it. He just got a job at the retirement home with his sister serving meals to the elderly people. Sometimes I feel like I’m not as close to Brad as the other kids. When I moved away though, I stopped to say goodbye to him, and he held me in the street and said, “Mommy, don’t cry”. I actually hold onto that moment a lot these days. I hope one day we can be closer. I love him so much and know he could go a long way with his talents. I’m very proud of him.

My only grand daughter is Heaven Leigh.

When Nicki decided she would name her that, I told her it’s a good thing her last name isn’t Father. We would have a bit of a problem. LOL. Heaven is the light of my life. I enjoyed being a mother, but nothing compares to being called Gram. Before I moved I had her 3-4 days weekly. She spent the nights sometimes which was fun. When we’d lay down for bed, apparently Gram fell asleep first a few times. I’d feel her little hand on my cheek and I’d open my eyes and she’d be laying there smiling and say... “Oh Gram what is that silly sound?” She would then proceed to mock my snoring. Her parents have made the most beautiful girl in the world. She has long blonde curls and a personality that belongs in movies. She knows her ABC’s and how to count to 10 in Spanish (because Dora showed her how). I can’t tell you how hard it was to move away, and leave her and my kids."

A picture of Tina with Heaven...


Like always, we'll post 2 questions/answers from Tina each day throughout this week. Hope to see you back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women