Monday, October 12, 2009

Incredible Woman #10 - Paige Moore. Monday's questions

KARA: "Paige, tell us about yourself – hobbies, talents, etc. Why are you an incredible woman?"

PAIGE: "First I want to thank you for this opportunity. When I found out I had been nominated as an “incredible” woman, my first thought was, “Wow! How exciting!!” Followed by “But I am not so incredible, I know so many people who have done more than I have.” But, then I thought about it and the Spirit reminded me that because I am a daughter of God, I am incredible! That does not mean I am perfect or have it all together, but it means if I allow God into my life every day and rely on Him for all things He can help me become the really incredible person I strive to be. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” -Philippians 4:13

I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida. There were seven children in my family. We had a very traditional family life. My father worked at the Post Office and my mother was a stay at home mom. She was a school crossing guard. I realized early on that I had a heart for adoption and pleaded with my parents to adopt. They relented and we adopted a girl from India (via a disruption).

Rob and I have been married for almost 24 years. We have 5 biological children and just this last year we brought home two little girls from Guatemala. We met when I was 16 years old and he was 18. His family had moved to Florida from Nevada. We dated until he left on an LDS mission to Calgary, Canada. Then after he returned, we got married. I was just 19 years old and he was 21. Wow, we were young!

I enjoy many things, but give me a good book and I will be happy! I could read all day, if I had no other responsibilities. Playing the piano is also something I really enjoy. If I am feeling down, I sit and play something uplifting and I feel better immediately. We home school, so in my spare time I like to look for ideas to keep that exciting. Right now, another important interest for me is educating myself on adoption and adoption-related issues. With a large family, there is not a lot of “me” time, but I feel so much better if I am able to exercise. I try to exercise at least 5 days a week. This is the way I prefer to start out my day. Getting up before the little ones is the only way I can squeeze this in to my schedule."
KARA: "Tell us about your family. Describe one thing you love about each of your children."

PAIGE: "I have a wonderful husband who helps in every way he can. Not matter how bad I feel I look, he tells me I am beautiful every day. Rob loves the Lord and serves his family with his whole heart. He also serves at our church as the first counselor in the bishopric. He has been very involved in our childrens' lives and is a complete “hands on” dad. He has been a scout master, has coached baseball, football and basketball. He even volunteered to do a dad’s dance in our daughter’s dance recital one year.

Tyson is 22 years old and is the strong, silent type. He is a deep thinker and is trying to decide what he wants to do with his life. He graduated with honors. He was a great athlete, but that was not his love. Tyson can play a mean guitar. He is a kind big brother and has a great heart. He is a very responsible worker.

Jordan is 19 years old and is a missionary in Honduras. He is an awesome missionary and loves serving the Lord. He also graduated with honors and is a natural athlete. Jordan is the one who almost broke me, lol. He was extremely active and busy. Thankfully, he has geared that energy in to a positive direction. He has a great sense of humor and the younger children actually read his baby book for entertainment so they can laugh at the funny things he said. An example, when he was three years old we had a General Authority visit our church. He came up to Jordan and shook his hand and asked Jordan if he was going to be a missionary. Jordan said, “NOPE! I am going to be the bishop.”

Brianna is 16 year old, but will be 17 on October 13. She is an awesome student and a talented dancer. I think she was born to dance. She used to walk around on the front of her toes when she was little. She is full of life and has a positive personality and is an enthusiastic learner. She is good at whatever she tries. She is a great big sister. She is homeschooled, and dual enrolls at college so she is also earning college credits.

Tanner is 11 years old and is our little scientist. He is very detailed and keeps us straight. “No we didn’t leave the house at 2 o’clock. We left at 2:07.” He loves boy scouts and basketball. He loves to read and is a big Harry Potter fan. He is very kind-hearted. He aspires to be an astronaut and loves to learn about the universe.

Brailyn is 7 years old and is our second comedian of the family. We never know what will come out of her mouth. She had a desire to go to school this year and take a break from home school. After praying about it, we agreed. She has a great teacher and is very happy. She also takes dance and loves to put on plays and do crafts. She is very loving.

Madison is 3 years old and came home from Guatemala in October 2008. She is an active, happy girl. She loves to sing, jump, eat, talk and tattle-tell. She is learning what love is. She has a great deal of fear at times and worries that we will not always be there to love her so we are making it our full-time job to help her know that we will. She really loves going to nursery class at church.

Zoe is 2 years old and came home from Guatemala in December 2008. She is also dealing with fear, but not as much as her big sister. She is loving and sometimes will even cuddle. Zoe loves to sing! She loves Barney the dinosaur. Everyone loves to hold Zoe. She makes some of the best faces.

We enjoy family time. We love to play games and do things together. Rob is a great guy to have around when it is time to cook out. We love cook outs!"

Please visit again tomorrow, when I'll have two more questions/answers in my interview with Paige.

3 comments:

blushing rose said...

Kara, ty for sharing this wonderful family story.

Have a wonderful crisp autumn day. TTFN ~Marydon

Shari Knudsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari Knudsen said...

It was fun reading this story. Kara you sure have had some interesting ladies on this blog. My parents are on a mission in Jacksonville Florida so it was fun to hear about Paige and her being raised there. She sounds like a neat lady.
She sure looks young for the ages of her children. It will be fun to read this all week.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women