Friday, September 11, 2009

Incredible Woman #5 - Kim Walus. Friday's questions

KARA: "What is your guilty pleasure? If you had a full day to do anything for yourself, what would it be?"

KIM: "Kara, this is the easiest question you've given me to answer. Any guesses? I know my blogging friends probably can guess without my telling them?

The suspense is probably killing you. Right?

Well, it's QUILTING!!!! Ha! Ha! Did any of you get it wrong????

MY DREAM DAY would consist of the following:

* I would want to have an extended day that consisted of more than 24 hours in a day.
* Time to go Quilt Shop Hopping with all my Blogging and Quilting friends.
* Money to purchase whatever fabric, books, patterns, and notions that I wanted to buy for me or my friends.
* Stop for Lunch & Dinner with my Blogging and Quilting Friends.
* Stay up all night sewing and laughing with Blogging and Quilting friends.
* No interruptions by phone calls or other emergencies.
* The necessary ENERGY to do all of the above."


KARA: "We’d love to hear about your beauty secrets! How do you take care of yourself?"

KIM: "I have to admit that I really don't have any beauty secrets but here's what I do:
* I wash my face.
* I use sunscreen.
* I try to get enough sleep (this is a hard one for me since I like my quiet time at night and I tend to stay up late reading)
* I try to eat right (this is a big one for me since I tend to be a meal skipper. I'm just so busy creating in my sewing room I lose track of time)
* I try to exercise (although I'm not very good at it).
* I get my yearly mammograms and other check ups.

Now that I'm back to work I can be a little more focused and disciplined, at least on the eating right, and exercising, and getting too sleep early so I can get enough sleep thing. I just wish I was the energizer bunny with enough energy to do everything I wanted to do. At school I get to walk a lot and in our specialty class we go outside each day and walk as many laps as we can in 15-20 minutes. As a class we're walking to Disneyland and in 3 days we have walked 93 miles. It's really a fun idea. The teacher takes the amount of laps each child has run (or walked) and adds it up and then divides it by 4 (laps per mile). Each day he adds the miles to the previous days number. The kids get a piece of Laffy Taffy when they get to Fillmore which is over 150 miles from Highland. It's funny what kids will do for a treat at school. I'm proud to say that I've joined the walk to Disneyland.

As the week is drawing to an end, I want to thank all of my blogging friends that have come over to Kara's blog to not only support me but to support her. Kara has been blown away by all the blogging love that you have brought with you and left on her blog. It's so inspiring and I want to thank each of you that took the time to leave a comment and to become a follower. You are ALL INCREDIBLE WOMEN and I am honored to have been able to share this experience with ALL of YOU. It's with deepest gratitude that I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful week. It's been PRETTY INCREDIBLE!!! "WOW, I'm so touched!" Thank you...everyone!"

8 comments:

Miriam said...

Great interviews all week. Thank you Kara and Kim!! (I am a follower)

Unknown said...

My dream day and your dream day are the same! We can do it together!! I have loved the interviews. Thanks!

Courtepointe said...

I would love to join you on this dream day. Thank you for the lovely interview.

Unknown said...

I would love to have that dream day, even a part of it would be great. I have just signed on as a follower.

Blessings

Ellice

Jan said...

Ahhhhhhh, what a beautiful "dream day!" Here's hoping it becomes a reality! Just wanted to say thank you for your work with the kids! Our nephew, an adorable little guy, is Autistic; and I hope you know that you are making a difference in their mysterious world. God Bless you :) You too Kara!

Pat said...

I, too, would love to be part of that dream. When asked once what I would do if I won a multi-million dollar lottery (which would be hard to do as I've only bought tickets once or twice), I said I'd donate to charities, help my kids and grandkids AND organize a big quilt retreat at a nice place (maybe in Amish country) and fly everyone in for it...buy them fabric....their food...the works. SO...I can certainly relate to your dream. GOOD interview all week long here!!! Thanks!

wendy langille said...

I agree Kin is an amazing woman and your write up is very sincere. I have read Kim's blog now for several months and am hoping to win the bag. Please enter my name.

jodi said...

How cool is it that she is doing such a nice give away. I follow her blog on a regular basis.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by April Showers for Incredible Women